The Haverford Trust Company, a recognized wealth management firm in the Philadelphia region, has an exciting opportunity for an energetic individual to join our Information Technology Team as an Application Support Engineer. We are seeking an achievement-oriented individual who will work in direct partnership with the Director of Enterprise Applications and Process Improvement.
The individual in this role will serve as both Tier I & II level support for Haverford’s enterprise suite of business operations applications supporting users at every level of the firm. The incumbent will be expected to become a power user and subject matter expert on the systems he / she supports. This role will also provide various opportunities to participate in ad-hoc technology projects.
- Application Support
- Respond to customer requests for assistance and troubleshoot any problems related to applications.
- Provide Tier I & II level IT support for enterprise applications and other software used within the firm.
- Work with third parties to install, troubleshoot, and maintain software on vended applications.
- Write and analyze code to support these applications as needed.
- Application Ownership
- Become a power user and subject matter expert on the systems they support.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to IT management on how systems can be enhanced or better leveraged within the organization.
- Stay abreast of product updates and patches. Ensure systems are maintained and functioning optimally.
- Document systems and assist in building a knowledge base for known issues.
- Assist in training new users on applications.
- BA or Associate degree in related discipline is required.
- 0-2 years technical experience working in support of business applications desirable; some experience in computer programming required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required. Must project a “customer satisfaction” desire and image at all times.
- Must be well organized and accurate with a keen attention to detail. Must have the ability to multi-task and demonstrate effective time management.
- Must work easily in a team oriented collegial culture. Must demonstrate teamwork, collaboration, and a strong desire to continually learn.
- Must project a professional image at all times, be highly articulate, and be able to easily win the confidence and trust of others.
- Must have the highest degree of honesty and personal integrity as well as a commitment to Haverford’s philosophy and the firm’s dedication to quality and excellence.
All team members of Haverford are required to comply with internal procedures as well as applicable federal, state, and self-regulatory organizations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 and the USA PATRIOT Act.
The Haverford Trust Company is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants. All applicants for employment will be provided equal and fair opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability, medical condition, marital status, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position may be subject to Haverford’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Haverford the details of certain political contributions. Haverford may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Haverford’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.