The Investment Research Team has an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Sustainability Analyst (ESG). This is a new full time position. The incumbent will have responsibility for incorporating the review of ESG metrics into the investment process. This position requires strong quantitative and fundamental research skills.
- Collaboratively work with the investment team to incorporate ESG ratings, research, and corporate issues into the fundamental research process.
- Create, maintain, and run models and reports on ESG ratings for companies within the investment universe and client portfolios. Provide timely analysis of material changes in ratings.
- Maintain, note, and highlight key changes in ratings and factors as well as issues and controversies using ESG ratings providers and corporate filings.
- Remain informed on ESG news, changes in methodologies, best industry practices. Educate team members on key issues presented in the news and make process recommendations where appropriate.
- Review corporate filings and work with research team to engage with management on key ESG issues. Review proxies and make voting recommendations.
- Create and maintain portfolio reports detailing ESG and other relevant metrics. Provide reports for portfolio managers, research team, and others as needed.
- Complete all reporting requirements associated with Haverford’s ESG efforts, including reporting to the U.N. Principles for Responsible Investing.
- Assist in the development of marketing materials. Author reports that include ESG ratings, highlights, material changes, and pertinent information on portfolio holdings.
- Assist the Research Team with other assigned responsibilities.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in Finance or Economics with a concentration in marketing or journalism. At least three years’ related work experience highly desired.
- Must be able to ramp up quickly on complex ESG issues specific to pertinent companies.
- Strong research, communication and writing skills. Must demonstrate the ability to synthesize detailed and complex research on ESG factors into content for broad audiences.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite with demonstrated ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Must have experience navigating databases.
- Must be a self-starter that requires minimal direction and supervision.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational and critical thinking skills.
- Must be a flexible, self-motivated team player with a positive attitude, and able to work effectively and productively with others at all levels of the organization.
All team members of Haverford are required to comply with internal procedures as well as applicable federal, state, and self-regulatory organizations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 and the USA PATRIOT Act.
The Haverford Trust Company is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants. All applicants for employment will be provided equal and fair opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability, medical condition, marital status, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position may be subject to Haverford’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Haverford the details of certain political contributions. Haverford may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Haverford’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.