The Client Services Team at The Haverford Trust Company is responsible for providing Quality client service to our clients and internal business partners with a focus on service excellence and creating consistent and positive client experiences. The Investment Officer for Client Services reports to and partners closely with the VP, Director of Client Services. The primary responsibilities of the Investment Officer for Client Services is to support client relationships by providing day-to-day client service and support. This role is integral to the Company’s mission of delivering superior client service, strengthening partner relationships both internally and externally, and achieving strategic initiatives
Normal business hours are Monday thru Friday 8:30AM – 5:30PM EST
Periodic local travel may be required
May be required to work additional hours as needed to meet expectations with little or no notice
Primary duties include the following:
Proactively anticipate and assess the needs of the Portfolio Manager, client, and the firm in connection with portfolio management with a focus on retaining and attaining assets.
- Provide support to the Portfolio Manager including daily administration of client accounts and scheduling of Portfolio Manager’s calendar.
- Assist the team in marketing related activities, including the preparation of client and prospect reporting packages, to support communication of portfolio performance. .
- Serve as primary internal contact for clients and prospects to respond to and facilitate client requests and inquiries, including the opening of new accounts.
- Responsible for tracking and documenting interactions with clients and prospects.
Routinely and proactively perform account surveillance to ensure client accounts are invested according to guidelines.
- Monitor surveillance reports including Daily Transactions, Target Allocation and High Cash.
- Assist Portfolio Manager with rebalancing of client portfolios.
- Participate in semiannual Portfolio Review.
- Maintain updated library of Client Relationship Summaries.
Demonstrate industry knowledge to effectively communicate with clients.
- Develop an understanding of all Haverford portfolio strategies.
- Possess general understanding of the markets and current macro and micro events that may be impacting the market.
- Cultivate an understanding of the history and culture of The Haverford Trust Company.
Build positive relationships and collaborate with team members throughout the firm.
- Act as a liaison with teams throughout the organization to facilitate resolution of client needs.
- Collaborate with team members to review current policies and procedures and recommend changes that will increase efficiency and promote uniformity.
- Participate in nonrecurring and ongoing projects that will enhance our service capability.
- Maintain high standards in verbal and written communication.
- Readily engage in team and firm-wide initiatives including integration of new technology and client service initiatives.
Education / Experience
- BA or BS degree in finance or related field is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in the financial sector.
- Series 7 and 66; or Series 65 (or successful completion within 12 months of date of hire) preferred.
Skills / Abilities
- Must be able to work well within in a highly interactive team environment and be a self-starter.
- Must demonstrate high integrity and dedication to achieving quality and excellence.
- Must demonstrate a collegial approach within own team and with other cross functional teams.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Must possess exceptional client relationship skills with a strong focus on client service and value additions.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel (financial spreadsheets) and client database management software programs.
- Must demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new technologies and software programs.
- Must demonstrate a high sense of urgency.
- Must be accurate in compiling data and other materials.
- Must be detail oriented and able to accurately and consistently proofread all work.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize the needs of multiple individuals.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively multitask, easily change direction, set and reset priorities, and meet rapidly changing deadlines in a fast paced client focused environment with minimal direction.
- Seeks to continually improve knowledge and skills in finance and work optimization.
- Models the firm’s values of Quality, Integrity, Respect, and Discipline.
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions.
All team members of Haverford are required to comply with internal procedures as well as applicable federal, state, and self-regulatory organizations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 and the USA PATRIOT Act.
The Haverford Trust Company is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants. All applicants for employment will be provided equal and fair opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability, medical condition, marital status, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position may be subject to Haverford’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Haverford the details of certain political contributions. Haverford may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Haverford’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.