The Haverford Trust Company, a recognized wealth management firm in the Philadelphia region, has an exciting opportunity for an energetic individual to join our Information Technology Team as a Junior Systems Analyst. We are seeking an achievement-oriented individual who will work in direct partnership with the Director of Enterprise Applications and Process Improvement.
The individual in this role will serve as both Tier I & II level support for Haverford’s enterprise suite of business operations applications supporting users at every level of the firm. The incumbent will be expected to become a power user and subject matter expert on the systems he / she supports. This role will also provide various opportunities to participate in ad-hoc technology projects.
- Application Support
- Respond to requests for assistance from employees and troubleshoot any problems related to applications.
- Provide Tier I & II level IT support for enterprise applications and other software.
- Work with third parties to install, troubleshoot, and maintain software on vended applications.
- Write and analyze code to support the applications as needed.
- Application Ownership
- Become a power user and subject matter expert on the systems supported.
- Provide suggestions and feedback to IT management on how systems can be enhanced or better leveraged within the organization.
- Stay abreast of product updates and patches. Ensure systems are maintained and functioning optimally.
- Document systems and assist in building a knowledge base for known issues.
- Create custom built applications (web or windows based).
- Business Analysis / Process Management
- Become a partner with our end user business segments, working with them to ensure they are functioning optimally through the use of technology and our enterprise application base.
- Assist in training new users on applications; develop and maintain training and support aids.
- Build and enhance business processes, built upon the K2 Five product suite.
- Education / Experience
- Associates degree in related field required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in computer programming required.
- 0-2 years’ experience working in a business applications support environment.
- Skills / Abilities
- Must be able to work well within a highly interactive team environment and be a self-starter.
- Must demonstrate high integrity and dedication to achieving quality and excellence.
- Must demonstrate a collaborative and collegial approach within own team and with other cross functional teams.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Must possess exceptional customer relationship skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new technologies and software programs.
- SQL programming
- .NET (VB.NET or C#) a plus
- Microsoft Excel – ability to read and create macros or vba a plus
- Knowledge of ticketing systems a plus
- Knowledge of K2 Five / K2 BlackPearl a plus
- Work Product
- Must demonstrate a high sense of urgency.
- Must demonstrate strong critical thinking, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize the needs of multiple individuals.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively multitask, easily change direction, set and reset priorities, and meet rapidly changing deadlines in a fast paced client focused environment with minimal direction.
- Seeks to continually improve technical knowledge and skills.
- Work Values
- Models the firm’s values of Quality, Integrity, Respect, and Discipline.
All team members of Haverford are required to comply with internal procedures as well as applicable federal, state, and self-regulatory organizations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 and the USA PATRIOT Act.
The Haverford Trust Company is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants. All applicants for employment will be provided equal and fair opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability, medical condition, marital status, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position may be subject to Haverford’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Haverford the details of certain political contributions. Haverford may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Haverford’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.