The Haverford Trust Company, a recognized wealth management firm in the Philadelphia region, has an exciting opportunity for an energetic individual to join our Research team.
The Research Analyst is a member of the equity investment research team. The team is responsible for the collection, analysis and presentation of information relevant to Haverford’s investment strategies as well as the research and development of investment tools and processes. This individual must have demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and independently. This position requires client interaction and collaboration with internal contacts at all levels of the organization as well as strong analytical skills.
All candidates must submit a formal resume for this position.
- Idea generation – source, develop and present investment ideas for equity strategies, consistent with Haverford’s Quality Investing philosophy
- Track and report on company developments, including earnings reports, corporate actions, and competitive dynamics
- Conduct company-specific research on existing holdings and potential opportunities in large-cap equities
- Closely follow current events and issues impacting portfolio holdings and potential investments
- Assist in preparing materials, developing theses and themes, and compiling data to be submitted to the Investment Committee
- Monitor global macro trends, including geo-political events, regional growth rates, valuations, and currency movements to effectively advise on the allocation of a global ETF strategy
- Perform complex financial modeling with Excel
- Complete due diligence and respond to ad-hoc requests on all types of investment alternatives, including exchange-traded funds, mutual funds, and alternative assets
- Prepare weekly investment data and research packets outlining important information and events regarding the financial markets
- Prepare proposals for institutional and private clients and respond to questionnaires for investment management services
- Develop and organize presentation materials to be used in client and prospect meetings
- Write periodic economic, market and investment commentaries.
- BA or BS undergraduate degree in Finance or related field
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience working in the financial sector
- CFA Charterholder or willingness to work towards designation
- Strong working knowledge of excel and the use of complex spreadsheets
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required. Must be able to engender confidence in others and to communicate a high level of credibility.
- Must be team oriented, approachable and collaborative
- Must be well organized, accurate, and very attentive to detail
- Demonstrate independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload. Must have the ability to multi-task and balance priorities
- Demonstrates the highest degree of honesty, personal integrity, and ethical standards and must be dedicated to strive for quality and excellence in all aspects of their position.
All team members of Haverford are required to comply with internal procedures as well as applicable federal, state, and self-regulatory organizations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 and the USA PATRIOT Act.
The Haverford Trust Company is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants. All applicants for employment will be provided equal and fair opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability, medical condition, marital status, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position may be subject to Haverford’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Haverford the details of certain political contributions. Haverford may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Haverford’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.