The Shared Services Team is a cross functional team providing Quality client service support to our clients and internal business partners with a focus on service excellence and creating consistent and positive client experiences. The Shared Services Specialist reports to and partners closely with the Shared Services Manager. The Shared Services Specialist provides administrative and operational support for the Client Services and Trust teams. This position collaborates with internal constituents at all levels of the organization.
Normal business hours are Monday thru Friday 8:30AM – 5:30PM EST
Periodic local travel may be required
May be required to work additional hours as needed to meet expectations with little or no notice
- Proactively assess client and client services team(s) needs, with a focus on retention and procurement of assets, while ensuring client satisfaction for all levels of service.
- Assist in the daily administration of clients’ investment/trust accounts including mailings, answering questions, processing distributions, establishing new and maintaining existing accounts, and performing other traditional client service functions.
- Collaborate with the client service teams, operations, and third parties to ensure a smooth transition into Haverford Trust for all new investment advisory and trust accounts, including monitoring of funding, reconciliation of incoming assets and attainment of original cost basis.
- Prepare client reporting packages (performance, financial charts, etc.) and preparation of presentation material for client meetings and/or prospect meetings.
- Research and resolve outstanding Compliance and other Operational issues that may arise.
- Act as subject matter experts for all HTC systems and processes and perform other duties as assigned.
- Build positive relationships and collaborate with other teams and groups throughout the firm by being an ambassador for the Shared Services team.
- Collaborate with other Shared Services team members to review current policies and procedures and recommend changes that will increase efficiency and promote uniformity.
- Maintain a high standard of verbal and written communication.
- Take an engaged role in team and firm-wide initiatives including integration of new technology and special non-recurring and ongoing projects.
Education / Experience
- BA or BS degree in finance or related field is preferred.
- Minimum three to four years’ experience working in a client service role, preferably in the financial sector preferred.
Skills / Abilities
- Must be able to work well within in a highly interactive team environment and be a self-starter.
- Must demonstrate high integrity and dedication to achieving quality and excellence.
- Must demonstrate a collegial approach within own team and with other cross functional teams.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Must possess exceptional client relationship skills with a strong focus on client service and value additions.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel (financial spreadsheets) and client database management software programs.
- Must demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new technologies and software programs.
- Must demonstrate a high sense of urgency.
- Must be accurate in compiling data and other materials.
- Must be detail oriented and able to accurately and consistently proofread all work.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize the needs of multiple individuals.
- Must demonstrate the ability to effectively multitask, easily change direction, set and reset priorities, and meet rapidly changing deadlines in a fast paced client focused environment with minimal direction.
- Seeks to continually improve knowledge and skills in finance and work optimization.
- Models the firm’s values of Quality, Integrity, Respect, and Discipline.
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions.
The Haverford Trust Company shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet the company’s changing needs. Additionally, this job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Haverford’s sole discretion.
All team members of Haverford are required to comply with internal procedures as well as applicable federal, state, and self-regulatory organizations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 and the USA PATRIOT Act.
The Haverford Trust Company is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants. All applicants for employment will be provided equal and fair opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability, medical condition, marital status, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position may be subject to Haverford’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Haverford the details of certain political contributions. Haverford may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Haverford’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.