The Financial Planning Team at The Haverford Trust Company is responsible for tailoring customized financial plans to a client’s unique financial situation and goals. The Financial Planning Associate reports to and partners closely with the VP, Director of Financial Planning.
The primary responsibilities of the Financial Planning Associate are to work directly with the Director of Financial Planning to manage and serve our existing clients’ financial planning needs and to nurture new relationships.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a passion for helping others turn life’s aspirations into financial realities and possess a service and detail-oriented mindset. They will enjoy building relationships, shaping unique solutions and being active in their relationships with other employees of the firm.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the Director of Financial Planning with day-to-day client responsibilities, with the goal to be responsible for as many facets of the relationship as possible (client onboarding, correspondence with other advisors, preparing material for client meetings, updating financial planning software, managing financial planning pipeline, etc.).
- Meet with new and existing clients alongside the VP, Director of Financial Planning with an emphasis on taking extensive notes and managing follow-up tasks.
- Utilize financial planning software to update and prepare financial plans.
- Maintain our financial planning software for client information accuracy and scenario planning.
- Assist clients with financial planning client website issues (account connection issues, login issues, etc.).
- Contact clients in person, by phone, and by email/mail. A significant amount of email writing is required to service clients.
- Assist in gathering necessary data in order to ensure that any advice offered to a client is the best and will expose them to minimum risk.
- Maintain financial planning client pipeline, client files, and CRM system.
- Assist the VP, Director of Financial Planning with developing new processes, procedures, and deliverables within the department.
- Prepare and organize financial planning agreement letters.
- Research current trends, legislative changes, and technology within the scope of financial planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning or similar field of study required.
- One to three years of financial planning, wealth management or public accounting experience preferred.
- Certifications – CFP® achieved (or started within first six months of employment).
- Must have excellent communication skills – written and verbal. Must be detail oriented and able to accurately proofread all work. Must have a strong command of the English language.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and software programs.
- Experience with financial planning software a plus.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, specifically the ability to interact productively and effectively with all levels within and outside the organization.
- A confident and engaging presence, high emotional intelligence, and willingness to listen.
- Ability to communicate complex topics in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Must be able to effectively multitask, easily change direction, set and reset priorities, and meet rapidly changing deadlines in a fast paced client environment.
- Must work well independently with minimal direction and oversight and within in a team environment.
- Must have a high sense of urgency and the ability to manage to set priorities with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated integrity and dedication to quality and excellence.
All team members of Haverford are required to comply with internal procedures as well as applicable federal, state, and self-regulatory organizations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 and the USA PATRIOT Act.
The Haverford Trust Company is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants. All applicants for employment will be provided equal and fair opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability, medical condition, marital status, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position may be subject to Haverford’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Haverford the details of certain political contributions. Haverford may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Haverford’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.