The Haverford Trust Company, a recognized wealth management firm in the Philadelphia region, has an exciting opportunity for an energetic individual to join our Information Technology Team as a Software Developer. We are seeking an achievement-oriented individual who will work in direct partnership with the Director of Software Engineering.
The incumbent will be responsible for developing software within a continuously evolving technology stack that includes Microsoft SQL 2017, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Python, C# or VB.net, PowerBI, and Java Script. Candidates should be comfortable with n-Tier and event driven software development, including high throughput back-end development and service design, data storage and access models, and modern web development frameworks.
- Assists with maintaining a client management/portfolio accounting software application used throughout the organization.
- Develops dashboards using PowerBI/SSRS.
- Experience with SQL Server 2014/2017 to include creating and modifying SQL Queries and Stored Procedures.
- Creates and generates reports using Microsoft SSRS.
- Creates, modifies and enhances data warehouse ETL processes using SSIS/Talend.
- Creates, modifies and enhances RESTful API’s using Python/Django.
- Creates and maintain documentation for projects using multiple tools such as Sphinx.
- Contributes to developing K2 Process Automation packages.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Provides Tier-II support to end users on a variety of issues.
- Assists IT department with other technology projects as assigned.
- BA degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years software development experience required.
- Financial Services experience a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Python, Microsoft BI Stack (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), C#/VB.NET
- Data Governance, data integrity, and data catalog exposure.
- Exposure to Agile/Scum methodology.
- Experience with Application Integration.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required. Energized by new challenges and proactively takes them on.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required. Able to work effectively with leadership, internal client groups, and customers.
- Must be well organized and accurate with a keen attention to detail. Must have the ability to multi-task and demonstrate effective time management.
- Must work easily in a team oriented collegial culture. Must demonstrate teamwork, collaboration, and a strong desire to continually learn.
- Must project a professional image at all times, be highly articulate, and be able to easily win the confidence and trust of others.
- Must have the highest degree of honesty and personal integrity as well as a commitment to Haverford’s philosophy and the firm’s dedication to quality and excellence.
All team members of Haverford are required to comply with internal procedures as well as applicable federal, state, and self-regulatory organizations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 and the USA PATRIOT Act.
The Haverford Trust Company is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants. All applicants for employment will be provided equal and fair opportunity without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, disability, medical condition, marital status, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position may be subject to Haverford’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Haverford the details of certain political contributions. Haverford may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Haverford’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.